Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A New Day In The Garden


It's a brand new day in the garden as I try to set up my new home here at blogspot, moving around the furniture, painting the walls....trying to get this blog to feel more like "me".

This past weekend I had the pleasure of doing a spontaneous photoshoot for a little girl who is turning six and needed an invitation created for her party! The theme is "Day at the Races" where her fantastic mom has incorporated all things Churchill Downs into a birthday party, fancy derby hats, white gloves, winning ponies......


I absolutely adored taking pictures of this little girl because she was up for anything, no matter how silly!!

One thing I have really loved is being asked to design birth announcements or invites. It is so much fun to bring it all together and create a "feel" for an special event. This is the final invite, minus the personal information, as I wouldn't want to post this info for the world to see! I loved the way it turned out, the writing was done in pink and black with a bold style and her name in a more flowing font with elements of a real race day tossed in for fun!


No comments: